What Do You Know?

 


  The title of this post is quite interrogative, but I'd like you to know that I come in peace. It's almost a year since the last blog post and that is because I was afraid of leading people into error, afraid of the last day and having that being counted against me-- leading someone/people astray, so I stopped. I was convicted to continue because this is a part of what God would have me do in this season. As regards my break from blogging, absolutely no regrets about that because I've learnt so much (in my eyes), but I know that what I know is merely a drop of water in the ocean. Hence, I and believers in the body must remain ever hungry and fan the flames, for this is how we grow in this kingdom.

 Speaking of spiritual growth, that is the theme of today's post. On the 13th of February (2022) during an online meeting, God shared a burden of His with me. Many of His children believe so many wrong things and have their faith based on what people say, God doesn't want what you believe to be based on what "people" say, but WHAT HE SAYS. Many of us continuously neglect the place of Bible study (something even I am guilty of sometimes) and we forget that it was with scripture that our Lord Jesus when He walked on the earth overcame the devil with. Every temptation that satan threw Jesus' way, Jesus replied with "it is written..." So, why do we neglect Bible study? How else can we know God if we do not study His word, sure you go to church and hear about Him, but do you know Him for yourself? 

A believer's experience is based on personal encounters with God. 

 This topic is so in-depth and I cannot get everything in a blog post, but we all should step out of the box of religion, we've even boxed God in our hearts and minds. For some people, He is God-the-genie, your go-to guy for when you need things. And some people only cast their garments and not their hearts to God. Lifting up of hands in services, giving your offerings, but, He doesn't have your heart and you're not willing to surrender.

 I should back up a bit, I'm not trying to judge anyone or give the impression that I've not had a fault. I am guilty of casting only my garment to God and not my heart, there was a time I'd only give Him my Sunday and tell Him bye till the next one. Now, I'm in a level where I try to and by His grace surrender myself daily, die daily to the flesh that God might live through me.

 I do hope that this has encouraged you to step out of religion and the picture religion has painted God to truly know Him for yourself. Come forth and experience God the Father. Yes, He cares about your mental health, yes He cares about how your day's been (even if He sees it all, tell Him), yes yes yes He cares!

 I've known no greater joy than that of following Jesus. I hope you experience this too. God bless you in the mighty name of Jesus, amen!

Song recommendation: There is a yearning- 1Spirit & Theophilus Sunday


Instagram: @abigailag_


Comments

Popular Posts