Ye Shall Love The Lord



I am currently in tears as I listen to worship songs. The past couple of days, I've been feeling really off, it felt like something was missing and I tried to use various means to fill up that missing part, or at least forget the feeling. Not until I started seeing posts and hearing sermons about loving the Lord till I realized that I haven't set out fellowship time with my Abba, my Heavenly Father. I'd set out time for fellowship, but I eventually end up doing something else. He relentlessly beckoned to me, even up to this point, typing this. He consistently tried to get my time, He showed me scriptures, He let me get hurt by someone I thought was my friend, He let me get tried of seeking comfort in people just to show me that He truly is all that I need. He was patient with me, He never got tired, He truly is love.



That was just the opening, today's post is to note the importance of loving God. This first point is so major; we need to love Him because we need to trust Him and if you don't trust Him, you can't please Him, because without faith (trusting Him) it is impossible to do so. So, in order to trust God, we need to fellowship with Him, by studying scriptures, making time to be with the Lord. No wonder it is written in scriptures "this book of the law shall not depart from thy mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night..." (Joshua 1 vs 8). We need to love Him because perfect love casts out fear, you follow Him blindly because God is His word and He said He'd never leave nor forsake you...what's there not to trust. Secondly, we need to love God in order to obtain ALL His promises. Let me explain, our Lord Jesus calls us His bride, if earthly men show affection to their own brides, how much more the King of kings and Lord of lords. Loving Him gives us our placement, redeemed to be the bride of the Holy lamb.



Loving God is literally the best thing anyone can ever do because when you love Him, you're willing to do anything for Him, that is His delight. I really hope by this post, many are set to set out time to fellowship with the one who loves them the most, personally, I know I am. There is a kind of emptiness that nothing else and no one else can EVER fill, because that space belongs to God. 


WHEN JESUS IS ALL YOU HAVE, HE IS ALL YOU NEED. EVEN WHEN HE ISN'T ALL YOU HAVE, HE STILL IS, ALL YOU NEED.

Announcement - My podcast would be out soon!

Song Recommendation- More Than Gold by Mercy Chinwo

Have an amazing week, stay blessed and stay Engraced.

Comments

  1. This was a very beautiful message, and one of the things that caught me was " there is an emptiness that nothing else can ever fill" . This is very true, no matter what you use to try to fill the emptiness inside, it never fills you up completely if it isn't God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this message, it really touched me. Keep writing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this message. God bless you. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts