A high calling

A lot has been going on recently, I've taken in so much negative information that sickens me. I've gotten tired of watching the news and I chose to seek quiet time for my soul, spending time feeding myself with the word of God. Quiet time for your soul is essential for inner peace.

On this note I want to talk about something that I've observed among Christians. Most of us are totally different Mondays through Saturdays, but on Sundays we're the loveliest in the world. The consciousness of the Holy Spirit in you isn't something that has a switch, we are called to represent Jesus Christ here on earth, reflect on how huge that is. We've been called to something way bigger than our human abilities and we have received strength, enablement from the most high God. When you confess Jesus Christ as 'your' Lord and saviour, you declared that you're no longer living for yourself, you're living for Jesus. Be constantly aware of the fact that you are supposed to live a life that reflects Jesus Christ, how else do you want to win souls for the kingdom? If you're a different person on weekdays from who you are on Sundays, check yourself. Transformation isn't instant, that's why we are to constantly renew ourselves through the word of God daily. Mahatma Gandhi once said "I like Christ, but I don't like their Christians."
This shows that people are watching you, whether you like it or not, people are observing. Ask God in prayer to heal you, change you from the inside, as it is written in Matthew 7:20 "by their fruits you shall know them." What fruits are you bearing? Are they the fruits of the Spirit of the living God? If brethen fall away from the body of Christ (the Church) because you mislead them knowingly or unknowingly, you will be held accountable. We can only live right, be righteous in our ways by the help of the Holy Spirit. Ask the Lord for help.

Prayer: Father, thank you for your word. I pray Lord that you change me from within, shaping me to be more like Jesus daily. In Jesus name, Amen.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts