Not of This World



How do I live for God in a world where everyone is compelled to conform or be considered as 'outcast'? What would I rely on, so that I can keep pushing and do the Lord's will? These questions and the likes have their answers written in the Word of God.
We are literally living in the last days and spiritual activities keep increasing over time, as the gospel is being preached, the enemy is also trying to get more people to stray far from the things of God, but the good news is...you can never go too far for God to reach you and bring you back.
This post is to remind you or teach you that you live above the system of the world and by being in Christ, you have been seated with Him as joint heirs, far above principalities and powers. But, with great power comes great responsibilities, we can't live as though we never knew Christ. We have been called out to be different.

Let everything you do be to the glory of God (Colossians 3:17).
A couple of days ago someone who offended me reached out to me to apologize and even asked to be friends again. Let me rewind so you'd know how it got to that point. Last year when I was a prospective student for the university I study at now, this person, let me say Mark (not his real name) was also a prospective student, we started interacting on a group chat till our convo (conversation) was promoted to PC (personal chat) and we discussed how we'd be best friends and go through uni life together (ha!). Unfortunately, he didn't get in, he was pretty sore about it and he didn't tell me, but I knew. Mark had this issue of taking his jokes too far and one day I got really pissed and I snubbed him for a day (I think). He apologized and even criticized me for not having a good sense of humour (by the way, joking about peoples insecurities or anything like a personal attack isn't funny, it's mean). I let that slide and I kept chatting with him. I resumed my first semester and I couldn't communicate with him (because...no phones allowed and I didn't know his social media handles and I was logged out of skype). So, I got back home after half of the first semester eager to talk to my 'friend'...this guy even gave me a very encouraging message before I resumed school. I texted him and what I got was a rude reply, till date I believe he had forgotten that we resolved our issue before school, because of his response I decided to lay off. About a month later I got a message from him, he apologized and asked to be friends...now pause, if you were in my situation, what would you do?
After I laughed so hard, and I even wanted to take screenshots and post on my status mocking him, the Holy Spirit in me spoke (in that still, sweet voice) "Wait, is this what Jesus would do" at this point I stopped and asked the Spirit for help, I wanted to know what to do, He came through for me and I simply told him that I forgive him, but I'm not up for new friends at this point, in a kind way too...very important. I honestly wouldn't mind chatting with him again, but I live based on the leading of the Holy Spirit, He knows who I should or should not let back into my life. 
This happened while I was on a Bible plan on YouVersion called "Love Like Jesus" and I must say, it has really changed how I respond to circumstances that I face. 
On this note, I admonish you all to meditate on Luke chapter 6, pray and strive to live and love like Jesus every day, don't live by what the world dictates. As a Christian, there should be a clear difference between you and people who aren't, never be afraid to preach the gospel because of the opinion of men, live with eternity in view. God bless you all.

Song recommendation: Mika ft. Limoblaze - Today
Please watch the video and check out the pictures below



Comments

  1. Amazing write-up, I've been truly blessed🤗❤️. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyyy...I'm just reading this...and this is awesome❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts