Into The Light: My Story

Shalom unto thee! I didn't post last week and I sincerely apologize for that, anyway, the Holy Spirit laid it in my heart to post three times this week, so I'd upload on Wednesday and Friday. I have a lot on my mind, but picking a topic to discuss on is a little bit tasking. God led me to quite a number of posts that had to do with life before was accepted Jesus in. So...why not share my experience. W
henever I look back, I can't help but cry, I've only told about 3 people about this, but God wants me to make it public, so I will. 

Both my parents are Christians, but my mother basically did most of the work getting me to know about the power of prayer and the love of God. I have a busy dad...whose not so busy anymore and my mum is an entrepreneur and she's great at what she does. A little digression there...so back to my story. I am the only girl out of four children and I'm the third born. My younger brother got more attention when we were much younger and I was basically left alone, I thought myself most of the things I know and I didn't have a relationship with my family members, I didn't have cousins around and we hardly travelled to spend time with our extended family. I had lots of friends as a child, I was one person at school and a different person at home. I learnt a lot of things the hard way (physical and verbal abuse), but somehow I never really cared. I eventually started to, I had to be my own rock. To add to my sorrow, I started having low-self esteem and quite a number of insecurities. To surprise you, I experienced most of this at age 9, or 10 I think. On some of my darkest days, I'd begin to cry, I hated my parents at some point, I tried being a goth and I wanted to practice dark magic because I felt that God didn't like me or I was probably a mistake wandering the face of the earth. One day I got fed up and I literally started asking satan if I could join the illuminati, I was trying to call him out, thinking he'd show up somehow...thank God he didn't. I wanted to commit suicide, but I knew I'd go to hell if I did, so I had to continue living. I'd skip to the part I was 13, at that point in my life I was still trying to figure out the purpose of my being/existence. My morals didn't let me do a lot of crazy things, but I did a few ***giggles. I lost friends, learnt my lesson and this is when God called out to me even louder. I got tired of going out during altar call every Sunday and I wanted to feel the intimacy with God that everyone was talking about. So, on the 15th of April 2017, while reading Good Morning Holy Spirit by Benny Hinn, God kept pushing me to pray, so I did. That same day, I rededicated my life to Jesus Christ and I received the Holy Spirit, right in my room, no priest, no one else, just me and God. I felt the fire of the Holy Ghost intensely and I began speaking in the language of Ruach Hakodesh (Holy Spirit in Hebrew). My lifestyle didn't change immediately, but my life did. At this point, I want to state that Christianity is NOT A RELIGION, it is A LIFESTYLE. 

Over the years, God has revealed Himself more and more to me, this journey of life has been so much better with Him, people aren't joking when they say that. I didn't fully share how my life was, but, know that it was a huge mess, it was empty and it was depressing. To have Christ is to have joy. Some may ask, why did God let me go through that? Well, I asked Him the same thing, He told me that I wouldn't have been who I am today. Understand that life is a journey and we all have different ones, at certain points in our life, we have to make major decisions and the most major of them all is choosing to live a Godly life or not. Our choices determine our outcome and I must say that all in all, God is trying to make all things work together for our good. God loves us beyond measure and He cares so so much. Open your heart today, seek His will today, live with the consciousness of God by your side every step of the way.

If you want this thing called salvation, here's a simple prayer.
                      Lord Jesus, I need you. 
                      Thank you for dying on the cross to pay the penalty for my sin.
                      I open the door of my life and receive you as Lord and Saviour. 
                      Take the throne of my life and make me the kind of person you want me to be.
                       Amen.

Share this with someone today. If you feel the need to reach out to me, read my bio and text me on any of my social media handles. God bless you. Forever Engraced.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts